Diverse Industry Base
Frederick enjoys an extremely high level of diversified business activity, distinguishing it within the county as the commercial location of choice. The City of Frederick serves as the seat of Frederick County government and 49% (some 49,000) of all jobs in Frederick County are based in the city.
A top entrepreneurial community, Frederick is home to a technology incubator - FITCI - offering both office and lab space to bioscience, technology and "clean & green" companies.
Competitive Wage Environment
Frederick businesses enjoy a competitive wage environment. From entry-level technicians and customer service representatives, to skilled manufacturing and managerial staff, Frederick’s workforce is competitive and reliable. Frederick employers enjoy strong and positive employee relations. Industry-specific wage data, provided by the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, is available below.
- Architecture and Engineering Occupations
- Business and Financial Operations Occupations
- Computer and Mathematical Occupations
- Construction and Extraction Occupations
- Food Preparation and Serving-Related Occupations
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations
- Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations
- Management Occupations
- Office and Administrative Support Occupations
- Production Occupations
- Sales and Related Occupations
- All Occupations