Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
FREDERICK, MD – On October 02, 2017, the Frederick Police Department will begin its 59th Frederick Police entry-level police academy. The 59th Frederick Police academy class will be composed of 26 recruits from nine different police agencies throughout the state of Maryland. The agencies represented in the 59th Frederick Police academy include:
- Frederick Police Department (3 recruits)
- Frederick County Sheriff’s Office (9 recruits)
- Mount Airy Police Department (1 recruit)
- Washington County Sheriff’s Office (3 recruits)
- Hagerstown Police Department (4 recruits)
- Rockville Police Department (2 recruits)
- Cumberland Police Department (2 recruits)
- Oakland Police Department (1 recruit)
- Westminster Police Department (1 recruit)
The student officers will undergo over 1,200 hours of training in a myriad of topics, which include: police ethics, mental health, cultural diversity, communication skills, defensive tactics, search and seizure, criminal law/investigations, first aid, emergency vehicle operations and firearms. The graduation ceremony for the 59th Frederick Police academy is scheduled for June 08, 2018.
Public Information Contact: Michele Bowman (o) 301-600-2091 / (c) 240-446-4912
Anonymous Tip: 301-600-TIPS (8477)
Anonymous Tip Text: 240-674-TIPS (8477)
Anonymous Tip Email: email@example.com