Westside Regional Park
Westside Regional Park Master Plan
An ad-hoc task force appointed by the Mayor (per City Code: Section 28i) to: (a) complete the design and engineering (b) oversee implementation of the Westside Regional Park Plan and (c) develop design standards for the Westside Regional Park.
This task force shall be facilitated by the City Department of Parks and Recreation, and shall be composed of 14 representatives from the City and County, the Parks and Recreation Commission, Golden Mile Alliance, Frederick County Chamber of Commerce, Tourism Council, Frederick County Public Schools, Higher Education Facilities, Neighborhood Advisory Councils, Aquatics and Soccer user groups. The task force shall be responsible for, but not be limited to the following:
(1) Serve as a recommending body to the Mayor and Board of Aldermen and bring forward all proposals, plans, and costs, etc. for workshop review and public meeting approval; and
(2) Coordinate its work with the various Departments of the City, the Parks and Recreation Department, Parks and Recreation Commission, Planning Commission, etc. as necessary; and
(3) Review existing Westside Regional Park plans and review successful park plans and projects from other communities; and
(4) Refine and complete design plans and design standards for the park; and
(5) Prepare detailed engineered improvement plans (using resources provided by the City – see Resource Section on page 2); and
(6) Provide general oversight of the construction of the park improvements.
The task force meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 7:00 pm at the Annex.