The City of Frederick is currently seeking interested persons to fill vacancies on the following City Boards. Interested individuals should send a letter of interest and a recent resume to Amber Grimes, Commission Coordinator, 101 N. Court Street, Frederick, MD 21701 or email.
The Frederick Municipal Airport Commission is requesting interested individuals submit a resume of qualifications and a letter of interest for the position of “Citizen Representative”.
This position is one of seven voting seats on the Airport Commission Board, which meets regularly. Regular attendance of the meetings is mandatory. All candidates applying for the position should be aware of the following minimum qualifications:
• The Citizen Representative shall be a person that has a demonstrated interest in the Airport and no pecuniary interest in the Airport or in any entity doing business with the Airport. This individual cannot be a pilot.
• The term for this position is four (4) years.
• Be a resident of Frederick County.
• Be committed to attend regular meetings.
• Be committed to attend special meetings from time to time.
• Be committed to comply and uphold Frederick Aviation Administration and Maryland Aviation Administration Regulations where applicable.
• Be committed to comply and uphold Frederick Municipal Airport Rules and Regulations and Minimum Operating Standards.
• Be committed to promote the Airport for the economic development and benefit of the Airport, The City of Frederick and Frederick County, Maryland.
• Have some knowledge and experience in Airport policy issues and aviation regulatory matters.
• Abide by policy and procedures established for the Airport Commission.
Persons who are interested in applying for this position should submit their resume and a letter of interest to Amber Grimes, Commission Coordinator, 101 N. Court Street, Frederick, Maryland 21701 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy must be filled by an individual who is a Master Plumber who has been registered by the City and who has been engaged in the business of plumbing within The City of Frederick for at least five years. The Plumbing Board meets as needed to hear disputes relating to the City’s Building Code and certain other provisions of the City Code. The member will be appointed to a three-year term, and at the conclusion thereof will be eligible for reappointment.
For additional information regarding these commissions and boards, please contact Amber Grimes at 301.600.1453.
Neighborhood Advisory Council
The City of Frederick is seeking individuals interested in serving on their Neighborhood Advisory Councils as a volunteer coordinator. The term of each volunteer coordinator is two (2) years. Volunteer coordinators must be a resident of the relevant NAC area. (Click on designated Neighborhood Advisory Council map).
Interested individuals should send a letter of interest and a recent resume to Michele Bowman, NAC Outreach Coordinator, 100 West Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701 or email email@example.com.
The Neighborhood Advisory Council (NAC) initiative was established to strengthen the City’s neighborhoods and improve municipal services, based on the premise that the residential and business communities in a neighborhood are best suited to identify and solve issues in those communities.
NACs bring neighborhood issues and concerns to the attention of appropriate City staff, and elected officials and provide advice and feedback on City initiatives, proposals, and policies, as well as land development and other private proposals affecting neighborhoods.
For more information on Neighborhood Advisory Councils, please contact Michele Bowman, NAC Outreach Coordinator for The City of Frederick at 301.600.2091 or firstname.lastname@example.org.