Community Development Activities Include:
- General Program Administration: Overall grant management, record keeping, environmental reviews and required reporting.
- Planning: Preparation of Five-year Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plans, CAPER
- Activities to Affirmatively Further Fair Housing: including staff support to Frederick’s Fair Housing Commission as well as collaboration with the Frederick County Association of Realtors to host the Annual Fair Housing Conference.
- Oversight and monitoring of CDBG funded activities by the City and its sub-recipients.
- Administration of Housing Rehabilitation Programs and loan portfolio management. The Community Development Division is an administering agency for State of Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) Residential Rehabilitation Loans and Lead-Hazard Reduction Grants.
As an entitlement community, the City of Frederick receives an annual award directly from HUD to administer the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. The primary goal of the City's of Frederick’s Community Development Block Grant program is the creation of a thriving urban community through provision of assistance to low- and moderate-income (LMI) households in the forms of basic shelter, affordable housing opportunities, expanded economic opportunities, suitable living environments and supportive services related to Over the past ten years, the City of Frederick has primarily designated its CDBG entitlement funding toward affordable housing, revitalization and public service-related activities via a competitive subrecipient application process